<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Marathon CatDancing 

A friend recommended this cat toy, and my life hasn't been the same since. The packaging says it's the NordicTrac for cats, and they're not kidding. It also says the lure is simply rolled cardboard. Yeah, like a joint is rolled hemp, IMO. My cat Roxy finds this thing irrestistable, and addictive. She can, literally, play for hours. I tire out long before she does--my wrists aren't in shape. :-) She whines at me to go get it on weekend days.

When not in use it lives in my bedroom, which is off-limits to kitties. One day she and Sugar burgled my bedroom door while I was at work. The only sign of the two of them having had access to The Forbidden Zone all day is that the CatDancer was sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Even though she'd presumably had access to it all day, she still played w/ it with me for an hour that night.

Even Sugar, who is Not Playful, will bat at it when I put it right in front of her.

They're now marketing one that actually does have catnip in the lure. That's redundant, and very possibly dangerous! Like giving a street drunk a bottle of grain to top off his binge on cheap red wine. Given how zany Roxy is about the plain version, I can't imagine adding catnip to the picture! Although it's two-ended, w/ the regular cardboard at the other end. Maybe I could have Roxy going on the cardboard end while enticing more sedate Sugar w/ the catnip end.

Balls don't amuse Roxy. The feather-lure-tippedlleopard-spotted felted bungee cord I got to hang over the doorknob so she can play w/ some prey-like toy during the day? She won't even sniff it. The fishing pole toy w/ a feather lure? Of only marginal interest. The CatDancer? Beyond riveting.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?