<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 07, 2005

learning to think like a cat 

Yesterday I spent some time at B&N skimming books about cats and cat care. In one of them I read about how to use a fishing-pole toy the "right" way--how to have the toy mimic prey and trigger your cat's hunting instinct. Turns out I was doing it all wrong. This morning I used the approach the book described, and we had a much more interesting session of Stalk the Feather.

I think Roxy is actually very young, barely an adult. She wants to *play* with Sugar. Sugar is not interested. When Sugar is stretched out, Roxy will come up and gently bat at her paws. When Sugar was standing in my lap getting some loving, her fine striped tabby tail (which is quite beautiful) was draped over my shoulder and swaying w/ contentment. All of a sudden I felt Roxy's paws on my back, as she tried to play w/ Sugar's tail. These advances are usually tolerated for about 20 secs., after which they are met w/ a sound paw-swat at Roxy's face.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?