<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

July 4th 

Today I've been fairly productive, considering. Have vacuumed and scrubbed the kitchen floor, done some other tidying, and some laundry, and actually *cooked.* Well, marinading and bbq'ing may not qualify as full-bore cooking, but it worked, and is the traditional holiday weekend thing to do. I raided my cupboard and put together the basics of a satay-style sauce, and then let a bunch of skinless boneless chicken parts marinade in it for several hours. Then fired up the Weber portable grill on the balcony and made the smoke billow. There was *just* enough propane in the little tank to finish the job. Ate the chicken over white rice, with a side of peaches. Next time I need to let the chicken marinade longer, but it was still pretty decent. Better than mac & cheese or Healthy Choice Green Box D'Jour, which are my normal default dinner options.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?