<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Quakes and shakes 

Yes, there was a 5.2 earthquake a few hours' drive from here today. Yes, I definitely felt it. I was sitting at my 'puter reading the news online when the floor began to vibrate. It went on for several seconds, and seemed serious enough that I got up and moved from my desk, which is adjacent to a tall bookcase which is not secured to the wall, to the center of the room next to my bed. In a quake you're supposed to crouch down snug up against the edge of some solid large object, which should hopefully provide some deflection for things falling from above or alongside. So I stood next to my bed ready to drop to my knees if things got really Interesting. They didn't.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?