<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Deja vu: out of work again 

Well, Hilding Kipnis Lyon & Kelly laid me off yesterday. Called me into the office manager's office at 4:00 p.m. and told me that they didn't need my position any more. Gave me 2 weeks' severance plus cashed out my vacation pay; I cleaned out my semi-cube and left. While it sucks to not know how I'm going to pay my bills come 1 October, it's also a relief to be out of there. I would say the firm was horribly managed, but to even use the word "managed" of them in any way would be giving them too much credit. I slept in today and spent the afternoon at the beach, which was a wonderfully relaxing thing to do. Tonight I will make up a t0-do list to figure out the best way of attacking the problem of being unemployed. At least having some time off will allow me to get some stuff done that's just easier to do during the work day....an oil change on my car, an overdue dr's appt, etc.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?