<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Shoes and alternate feet 

Today I attended All Souls, Point Loma, as has become my custom. At coffee hour I suddenly found myself being accosted by a petite grey-haired dynamo who must be a CE committee member. She introduced herself to me, and before I quite knew how it happened, I found myself volunteered to help run next Sunday's Easter Crafts event after church. Actually how it happened is she simply told me I would be helping, and when to show up where, and didn't give me a chance to get a "no" in edgewise. She had no idea who I was or what gifts or interests I might or might not have. I was clearly just fresh meat. So now I, the former DCE who spent much of my life recruiting folks for events just such as this, find myself on the receiving end of the recruiting, and will be helping kiddos dye Easter eggs and make grass Easter baskets next Sunday. (And gagging on the idea of doing all of this on *Palm Sunday*, but such is life....) I hope I was never as insistent and arm-twisting as the gal who roped me in today was. In fact I'm reasonably sure I never was--respectful recruiting was one of my highest values. (If any Calvary, Rochester, folks are reading this--take Julie Roenigk's energy and persistence and put them into Marilyn Peck's physique and initialy disarming demeanor and you'll know what I was up against in my encounter with "Rosie" today. :-)

Gertrud Mueller Nelson is the part-time Director of Christian Formation at All Souls.
It is interesting to experience her "events" in person after having had her
book "To Dance With God" on my reference shelf for so long.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?