<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

OK, I think I'm beginning to "go native" here in SoCal.

I've joined a gym and am working out several days a week. It's one of those "chick gyms" as I've heard them called--Curves. I haven't been doing it long enough to see any results yet, but I do have more energy after I've done a session, so that's something. Out here "fitness" isn't optional--everybody works out or does something very athletic.

I've also signed up for a sailing class through the local community college, to brush up on my skills and to learn where one can sail around here if you don't have lots o' $$$.

Today was our first truly summer-like day--set all kinds of temps records--got into the upper 90s in the eastern (hotter) parts of the county. It was just a tease, though--temps will plunge back into the 60s for the rest of the week.

Other signs I'm going native....
--I've bought toe-nail polish and plan on getting a pedicure soon. When you wear sandals for most of the year, good-looking toesies are important....
--I can now handle "medium" salsa as well as the "mild" options....
--I routinely eat fish tacos
--I have eaten fried cactus as an appetizer. It tasted like green bean casserole, IMO. :-)

Signs I'm not totally over the edge yet....
--I have not, and do not intend to, eat/drink any soy products
--I will not be getting a boob job or liposuction
--When a co-worker who happens to have zero sense of tact or boundaries tries to be helpful and tells me I should start working on my diet, my reply was "Why? I *have* a diet, lots of meat and potatoes and pasta...and I like it...!" When she offered tips on "watching my diet," I replied "I watch my diet just fine...else I wouldn't be able to get it from plate to mouth w/o dropping it."

Areas of risk:
--I may try juice smoothies--but no soy or wheatgerm mix-ins, thank you.
--I may try a self-tanner/bronzer

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?