<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

Random observations about how my life has changed since I moved out here.....

When working for museums and churches, I always had to carry a key ring with scads of keys on it--I often had to break my collection down to two different keyrings. Now, instead of carrying two keyrings, I carry two keys. That's it. One key to my apartment, one key to my car. Period.

I have eaten more guacamole (yum!) in the past 8 weeks than in the previous 35 years. I've been wondering how much salsa you have to eat in a day to have it count as a portion of vegetables in the Food Pyramid.

I am slowly but surely adapting to a less nocturnal schedule. Between my courses and internship, I have to be at class or work at either 0800 or 0830 four or five days a week. I'm now often in bed by 11 p.m.

Checking the traffic reports before going out on any significant errand is now a matter of course. And I've reacquired the high-intensity freeway driving skills I haven't needed to use since leaving New Jersey almost 10 yrs ago.

The combination of everyone out here being so fitness-obsessed, and the implications of wearing less clothing year-round (no more hiding extra pounds under sweaters or parkas) has me (you'd better sit down now) doing a daily exercise routine. Very low key, in the privacy of my apt., but I haven't exercised intentionally in a decade.

So, those are a few random bits about this new phase of my life....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?