<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 18, 2003

Today was a day of lows and highs.

The low was the service at St Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Salt Lake City. Let’s just say that Calvary, Rochester,’s liturgy has spoiled me. To say any more in this public forum would be uncharitable. But I left the church service in a snit. Which had probably as much to do w/ my own current baggage (the metaphorical kind, not the kind stuffed in my car!) about the church and Christian education and children’s ministries as it was to do w/ the service.

The high was spending about 2 hours this evening driving through Capitol Reef National Park, which I experienced as a mystical place. My experience was surely enhanced by picture-perfect weather and warm evening light. After drinking in as much of the sights as I could, I had a lovely dinner at a nearby restaurant which overlooks the park.

I’m staying at the Days Inn in Torrey, UT. I’ll spend more time at Capitol Reef tomorrow and then drive down to Bryce Canyon National Park, which is a bit southwest of here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?