<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 12, 2003

I am currently in Cody, WY, about to head out into Yellowstone. Will actually post to this blog regularly in a few days, when I'm back w/in reach of local internet access via Earthlink.

Highlights so far have been the Badlands; Custer State Park wildlife loop, and the Bighorn Mountains. Am taking lots of pics.

BabyCar is doing great. Sat night she got me through a nasty sudden snowstorm high up in the Black Hills where the Hwy Dept had detoured the paved road onto several miles of dirt road. I needed and used all living in MN taught me about driving in snow as I snaked up and down S-curves along the edge of a mtn and bounced into and out of bone-jarring potholes hidden beneath the snow. Thought I was going to damage her for sure on that evening, but she got me through when the only other vehicles I saw on the road were 4x4s.

Trip so far has been awesome. Will write more later, in a few days when I'm again in a town w/ local internet access. But today, checkout time looms!

GRB

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?